The Best 7 Co Parenting Apps Reviewed
Finding the Co Parenting App for Divorced Parents
Coparenting is a demanding and challenging task that needs a lot of effort to keep up everything and do it right. After divorce, working with your ex to raise your child demands understanding, communication, discipline, and cooperation. We know many issues with parenting arrangements such as schedules, expenditures, budgets, and documents lead to conflicts post-separation. Therefore, if you’re coparenting with your ex, you need a tool to manage all these matters and remain flexible for the well-being & stability of your child. Enter a coparent app. Luckily, with the emergence of social media, there are some great coparenting apps.
Whether you’re looking to manage calendars, keep all information in one place, and communicate with your ex-spouse to keep a good relationship with your child, these coparenting apps will help you out there. If you’re divorced or separated, you don’t need to worry about coparenting for your kid. These applications work as an effective tool to help you work together with your ex effectively.
What to look for when researching coparent apps?
Through extensive research and recommendations by divorced parents, like you, we have reviewed the top coparenting apps in this blog. These apps will keep your family connected and communicating, while helping you navigate things like finances, scheduling, access, and calendars. Here are some important things to consider:
- Budget management – retain receipts, document expenses
- Calendar tool – a shared calendar to transition between households of custody schedules and extracurriculars
- Communications tool – for some high-conflict couples, a documented thread of communications rather than phone calls and texts may help hold people more accountable
- Photo storage – for parents to share documents but even milestones.
Keep scrolling to learn about these helpful apps that are designed to take the burden off of you and make coparenting work. Let’s begin!
What is the best coparent app
If you’re looking for a simple and free tool to help you with coparenting, Google Calendar and its consumer apps are perfect. The whole Google suite that includes Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Slides, Meet, Chat, and Forms is a fantastic tool. It allows the coparents to sort things, coordinate schedules, and stay on top of events and appointments. You can create a calendar and share it with your ex or kids to collaborate. You need a google account to use these features, and you can access it on your mobile or your computer.
- Free and easy-to-use
- Secure and Reliable
- It allows making a coparenting google drive for storing documents, folders, and contacts.
- You can use Google Docs and Form to make a list of items for your children.
- You can plan appointments and track them by using Google Calendar.
Our Family Wizard
The Our Family Wizard is an amazing app developed by a divorced couple. This co-parenting app can put all of your schedules, contacts, documents, and communication in one place to make your coparenting journey smoother. Due to its excellent features, it is one of the best tools designed for co-parents and their children.
- The price is $99 a year and offers a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Available for Android, Apple, and on the website too.
- Designed for every co-parent.
- You can add unlimited members like kids, grandparents, and babysitters.
- Have a “TonoMeter,” which notifies and gives you the option to send emotion-free messages to avoid arguments.
- Have a calendar, photo storage, file management, custody schedules, and message log for unified communication.
- Parenting schedules.
Coparently is a great app to make coparenting less stressful. This easy-to-use application has unique features that make coparenting a lot easier. If you’re new to co-parenting, this is an excellent tool.
- 30 days free trial and $9.99 a month
- Color-coded custody calendars
- Coparent contacts
- Message log and expense log
- Share communication and journal
- You can easily arrange schedules and track expenses.
- Shared documents, photos, and medical information.
Another coparenting app to communicate with other coparent, keep track of all activities, and with a great shared calendar is 2Houses. Furthermore, it offers a great suite of features and covers the practicalities that make it a dedicating app.
- Free trial for 14 days and $9.99 a month
- Color-coated calendar
- Financial management system
- Custody appointments and journal
- You can exchange all necessary information.
- Photo albums
coParenter is an excellent app to use in coparenting or when your divorce doesn’t go well. It has expected features beyond the basics of scheduling. Moreover, this co-parenting app aims to reduce conflicts by using unique tools.
- 30-day free trial and $12.99/month
- Offers meditation and coaching to provide conflict resolution help.
- Shared calendars and documents
- Check-in records of various things
- Secure notifications
Last but certainly not least, Talking Parents is a great application designed to enable smooth communication with your ex and lighten your emotional load. This app has records of providing reliable communication among co-parents.
- The standard plan is free, and the premium plan costs $4.99 per month.
- Shared calendar
- Offers secure calling and messaging options
- Easy-to-use record-keeping system
- Allows you to store and print documents.
Cozi is one of the simplest & robust co-parenting applications that is marketed as a Family Organizer App. This is an app that would work for parents who are already effective coparents looking for a stronger communications tool. It assists the parents in staying on the same page and communicating more effectively. In a nutshell, it possesses every feature a coparenting couple would need.
- 100% free of cost
- You can create color-coded to-do lists, shared calendars, and notes.
- Have a Family journal
- You can plan meals and store recipes.
- Include family members.
There you have it – top coparenting apps that will assist you in navigating the challenging road of learning to co-parent. Remember, you’re not alone in this, but you’ve to do your best for your kids. Moreover, the apps possess incredible features and easy-to-use interfaces. Anything that improves communication and organization will boost the security and happiness of your child. So, give them a try and use the app that works for you and your ex to improve the quality of your coparenting life.
Have you tried or heard of any other coparenting app? Feel free to share your thoughts or experience with us in the comment section below. We’d love to hear from you.